ROASTED VEGETABLE AND QUINOA SALAD
Perfect winter (or summer salad)... It is a mix of roasted veggies and the super grain quinoa, which means it is packed with protein, vitamins and minerals. A healthy staple for the winter menu.
Prep time: 15 minutes Cook time: 45 hour
Total time: 1 hour
- ½ cup uncooked quinoa
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- 3 cups water
- 1 red capsicum chopped into quadrants
- 1 eggplant chopped into quadrants
- 1 spanish onion chopped into quadrants
- 2 parsnip peeled and chopped into pieces
- 3 small zucchinis peeled and chopped into pieces
- 200g brussel sprouts cut in halves
- 1 large chilli chopped into quadrants
- 2 garlic cloves chopped into quadrants
- 1 tbsp rosemary dried
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- Garlic salt, salt and pepper to season
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lemon juiced
- 1 tsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley leaves for garnish
Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celsius.
Prepare the vegetables. Once prepared, place the vegetable into a bowl and pour the olive oil, and spices over them. Massage the marinade through covering the vegetables evenly. Place the vegetables into a baking pan and cover. Place them into the oven for 45 minutes or until the vegetables are tender. Remove the vegetables from the oven.
While the vegetables are cooking, prepare the quinoa. Cook as per packed instructions and add stock to the water. Once cook remove from the stove and let cool until the vegetables are ready.
Pour the quinoa into a large bowl, then top with roasted vegetables. Dress the salad and mix through the ingredients. Top with parsley and serve.
Writer’s recommendation: Serve this with a piece of grilled salmon or chicken...another option if you have left overs is to have it with goats cheese and some tuna!